Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 80: Tourtiere...


‘Tis the eve of Christmas, and with it brings a special tradition.  My brood hails from Montreal and through the years have carried with it the Tourtiere.  This French meat pie is the delicious centerpiece of our Christmas Eve dinner.

However after years of buying store bought Tourtiere, I had that familiar thought which you know is coming, “Why don’t I make my own Tourtiere this year?”

It was a few years ago that I had that thought, and created this recipe.  I usually make a double batch, bake one, and freeze the second for later -Tourtiere is too good to have only once a year.

This pie is a special part of my Christmas, and since creating my own recipe, I’ve made it even more so.  It’s traditional to serve it up with ketchup, but I’ve found this home made version is so infinitely better than store bought, I’ve never felt the need for ketchup!

Welcome to a piece of my family tradition.

Enjoy...

No comments: