Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 78: Thai Shellfish Egg Noodle Stir Fry...


Will eating Thai food give you superhuman Muay Thai powers?  Maybe hidden deep in an unknown location in Thailand there is a chef so great, so knowledgable that eating his/her food will grant you mastery of Thai Martial Arts, but mine won’t.  Mine just tastes good.

If I were a religious man, I would have faith in the stir-fry.  I am constantly amazed by how versatile and refreshing this method of cooking is.  By simply changing a few ingredients, you can take the same utensil, use the same cooking process and get a totally different dish.

I post maybe 10% of the stir-fries I cook, simply because I do it so often that I take it for granted.  I end up halfway through the dish and forget to write down the ingredients.

So join me in the last few days before the holidays, before the world is overrun by turkey and stuffing, to celebrate the wok and the stir-fry.  It may not grant you martial arts powers, but it will fill your belly.




No comments: