Monday, December 13, 2010

Day 77: Vegetarian Dumplings...

Some of my best friends are Vegans, and one day while I was cleaning out my freezer I came across a lonely bag of frozen Edamame.  It looked at me forlornly and said, “Hey, remember me?  We were going to make roasted Edamame to snack on.”

I had originally opened the freezer to get at the ground pork.  I had a lazy Sunday coming up, recovering from a long run, and planned to make Chinese Dumplings.  I felt bad.  Those beans had been pushed further and further to the back of the freezer, destined to be forgotten.

Face with my neglect, an idea formed.  I have Vegan friends.  I’m making Dumplings.  Who says you can’t make vegetarian dumplings?  Really?  Who says you can’t?

The fact that it was something new and untried, by me at least, was what attracted me to the idea.  So when I took the pork out of the freezer to thaw, the bag of Edamame came out to.  The rest was history.

Enjoy...

No comments: