Thursday, January 06, 2011

Day 81: Chickpea and Corn Falafel...


It’s been quite a while since my last posting, what with the holidays getting in the way, but with this being the first post for 2011, I thought I’d start it off with a bang!

This story began off with me looking at the can of Chickpeas and corn on my shelf and thinking, ‘What the hell am I going to do with that?”  I don’t like beans much, and rarely use them.  The only reason I had them was because I bought some to put in a soup I made for a friend.  With one can left over, I was at a loss.  Then it came to me.  “Falafel!  It’s made out of chickpeas.  And I have a can of corn too, who says you can’t make Falafels with corn?”

In no time I was throwing this all together and breaking out my dutch oven to do some deep frying.  Most of the time when I improvise the outcome ranges from good to okay, but in this case, it was AMAZING!  I’ve outdone myself with this one.  They are totally delicious, healthy, and amazingly they aren’t greasy!

This is one of the ones I’m going to be remembered for.  Now I only need to make it out to the Middle Eastern Bakery to get pita and make sandwiches!!

Enjoy...

No comments: