Sunday, July 04, 2010

Day 21: Wontons...

Had to have a break from the recipes due to some serious Canada Day festivities, but I had a great 20 day straight run at it!

I resume now with day 21, and my idea of comfort food. Wontons. Dumplings, whatever you want to call them, these pint sized morsels of flavour really pack a punch, and it’s really easy to create your own variations.

I would advise that you plan to make this recipe when you have some time to kill. It’s easy to make, but it will take at least an hour to wrap all the wontons.

Make it a weekend activity. And watch some TV, or a movie as you go...

The best thing about this is the number of ways you can cook them. Just put them in the freezer until you need them, and then boil them, fry them or deep fry them. It’s up to you, and they will taste so much better than store bought, or restaurant bought for that matter...



Below is an instructional video showing two ways to wrap a wonton. I do it the first way.

No comments: