Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Day 1: Nearly Instant Marinara Sauce...





When it comes to recipes, I think a great place to start is with a quick one, since most people say, "I don't have time to cook!"

I've always disputed this notion. Time only widen's your options. It's a lack of knowledge that keeps you from making good food quickly.

Since the advent of frozen dinners, microwave’s and increased work hours, we have less and less time to cook, and as a result, we now have a generation that never learned to cook. Recipes have not been passed down, knowledge has not been shared.

Today I change that. Enjoy...


Nearly Instant Marinara Sauce...
The first thing to understand is that I’m advocating a style of cooking here, rather than a recipe. Other than making sure you have a few key ingredients, you don’t have to stick to my recipe. If you’re new to cooking, try it as-is, but as you get more experience, try it with other herbs, different liquids you think might taste good with pasta sauce. Then you can call it your own recipe!

One bit of advice I would recommend in regards to sauces, is that the quicker the cooking time, the more I would advise using fresh herbs. They taste better, and they impart their flavours quicker than with dry herbs, which are better suited to slow cooking.


No comments: