Tuesday, June 27, 2006

IT'S A MADHOUSE!!!!



Well it was fun while it lasted. Sometime last night God came by and stomped on my deck canopy. The old one lasted for years at this place, and I had to replace it for sun damage. This was to be the new one. Not sure why this one lasted months, while the old one lasted years, and could have kept going...

This is a day that will be long remembered....

I will just keep in mind the last time it was used. I had a good friend Peter and my brothers over for dinner. Peter had given me one of those metal frames for making a beer chicken. It was really good. Here is what the beer looked like after it came out of the cooked chicken.



That thing coming out of the can is a sprig of rosemary. It added a lot of flavour.

Damn weather...

3 comments:

Rob A. said...

Man that sucks. At least you saved the beer chicken thingy.

Suzanne Marsden said...

I'm so sorry your gazebo imploded. What the hell happened man? Did the hatch blow and all the O2 get sucked out? Did the squirrels finally win? :-( I only got to enjoy it once! That's totally unfair :-P I guess we'll have to wear garbage bag raincoats if we come out for Canada Day and huddle desolately on your deck *wahhhhhhhh* (But chillin' with you will make it fun :-)

Keith Savage said...

I know how it happened!!!!!!!! It was the Tick!! He was passing through Ottawa and landed on my canopy, the bastard!