Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Day 66: Thin Crust Pizza...

Between getting ready for the Ottawa Animation Festival, going to the Ottawa Animation Festival, and then getting sick, I haven’t had much time to blog.

With that in mind, I thought I’d return with a biggie!  My pizza crust is famous among those who’ve had the chance to try it, but there’s one problem with it, it takes time.  Often (and I include myself) people want pizza, and they want it now, not tomorrow.  So enter my thin crust pizza recipe.

A thin crust pizza dough doesn’t need the time to develop like a normal crust because the whole point is to keep it thin and not a thick, bready thing.  The only disadvantage to making the crust within an hour instead of 24 hours, is the dough doesn’t get the time to develop flavour, but I think I’ve gotten around this by introducing molasses into the mix.

So knock yourself out, and give this thing a try.  One tip, if you want the crust to be extra crispy, precook it in the oven for 1 to 2 minutes before topping, otherwise the crust will be thin, but not crispy.

No comments: